About the meetings
We have received a lot of interest for the proposed online sessions and are pleased to announce that our first session was held Monday, November 16, 2020 from 7 to 9 pm. A link to the NEXT Zoom session is provided below and hopefully, most of you are already familiar with Zoom. If not, we will be happy to assist with that too. You don’t have to have a camera to join in, although being able to see each other makes the sessions more personal.
Zoom session specifics:
- Sessions will be every other Monday night.
In between sessions, however, members of SASTAR may provide support in a variety of ways. This website will be used to post meeting notices, questions and answers, links to additional information, and possibly, photos submitted by participants can be shared. More on this to follow. Team members are also willing to contact participants by phone, if desired.
- Zoom sessions will follow a “NET” type structure,
with a moderator (net controller) calling the session to order, making any announcements, and calling on participants when it is their turn.
Please state who you are passing the mic to when you are finished speaking.
- All participants will begin each session with their microphone muted.
As a rule, we would appreciate everyone keeping their mics muted unless specifically recognized by the moderator.
- Please set a display name containing your first and last name and your call sign, if you have one.
- Use the Chat Window to ask questions
- Limit your time to 60 seconds. If you see a picture of a clock being held up or on the screen, it is a hint
- Note that the Zoom Meetings will NOT be recorded by default. Presentations may be recorded upon the request of the presenter
Please watch here for meeting notices.
Next Meeting Date/Time:
Meeting Date: Monday, March 8, 2021
Meeting Time: 7 PM MST,
To join Zoom Meeting, click on link:
Meeting ID: 830 4316 9575
- Review Zoom rules
- First time check-ins – Introduce yourself with a bit of background (experience in ham radio) and goals in the hobby
- Brief ham radio news for Newbies (DX, propagation, events, etc.) and any announcement
- Members reporting back on progress made in the hobby
- New gadgets – Show and tell or questions on something that looks intriguing
- Main Discussion - See the Schedule tab
- Satisfaction Poll
- One on One sessions (Break out rooms)